Tuesday, February 08, 2005

So who are we?

I’m a philosopher (Ph. D. Columbia 2002) and Rabbit is my older brother, who, while undegreed (graduate anyway), is insanely knowledgeable about ethnography, anthropology, world culture, traditional art, and a lot more. We’re both interested in the issues centering on cultural relativism but our different backgrounds and temperaments make it hard for us to keep our discussions on track. We each have a sheaf of unpublished notes full of half-baked ideas which we thought it might be fun to share with you for your amusement. Perhaps they may even thereby become more fully baked. Feel free to join in!

We might not get up to speed right away, as 1) I don’t really know what I’m doing, blogwise (I don’t speak html, and I’m still reading the help pages; I’ve taught logic, you think I’d be good at computers!); and 2) Rabbit is in India until the end of the month or so. Plus of course I should really be getting back to work (a common blog problem, I imagine). If anyone has any technical advice (you should really do x or y and here’s how), that would be great.


1 comment:

Duck said...

Let's see if comments work.